Guide to CPM Explorer for Cognos
What is CPM Explorer?
CPM Explorer is a Windows Explorer extension for IBM Cognos Connection, providing quick and easy access to IBM Cognos consumers’ daily activities. Using CPM Explorer, consumers are able to navigate the IBM Cognos Connection portal in the familiar Windows Explorer user interface without the need for a web browser.
From the comforts of Windows Explorer, IBM Cognos users can use CPM Explorer to perform common, everyday operations such as:
CPM Explorer Features
- View and run IBM Cognos content in HTML, PDF & Excel
- Create shortcuts to content both within the IBM Cognos Connection interface and within the Windows file system (i.e. My Documents, the Desktop, etc.)
- Create folders to organise content
- Email report output
- View report properties
- Rename content (report names, folder names)
- Cut, paste, delete, move and copy content (reports and folders) within an IBM Cognos environment
- View and navigate IBM Cognos Connection portal tabs
With a single click a report can be scheduled to run in the background and emailed to your inbox when it is available. And best of all, this is all done leveraging your existing IBM Cognos security (Cognos and company LDAPs).
CPM Explorer adheres to your IBM Cognos 8 security by enforcing each consumer to log in before being able to browse the contents of IBM Cognos Connection. Integrated windows authentication, when applicable, streamlines this process by obtaining the user’s login credentials.
CPM Explorer allows a user to connect to multiple IBM Cognos 8 servers within a Windows Explorer UI. Each IBM Cognos 8 server connection is displayed in the Windows Explorer tree view under a “My Cognos Servers” node. Servers can be renamed with an alias to provide a more meaningful name.
Sign up and never miss a blog post from Triangle